The new system will:
- Apply to freehold, leasehold, mailo titles and certificates of customary ownership (CCOs)
- Incorporates functionalities for valuation assessments, physical planning and district land management decisions
- Prevents encroachment on wetlands, forests, road reserves and other public land reserves
- Reduces the time required to check, update and transfer land
- Increases the security of land tenure
- Contributes to a reduction in corruption associated with checking, updating or transferring of titles
- Delivers services closer to the public.