The NLIS has made a profound contribution to the improvement of service delivery across the land sector with a substantial reduction in the time required for land transactions, minimization of opportunities for corruption, increase in accountability and strengthening of tenure security. The results registered since the implementation of the NLIS include the following points:
- Increase in the number of land transactions.
- Decentralization of the cadastral and registration services,
- Securing of land records and maps,
- Establishment of audit trail of land transactions,
- Improvement in the quality of records and their management,
- Instant retrieval of land related information,
- Better service delivery to the stakeholders,
- Improvement in public perceptions of land service delivery,
- Increased sustainability of land governance.